Reference : Des/Eng/4190
The Design Engineer is particularly responsible for ensuring that the design of the system/equipment is compliant with the client's request, applicable codes and norms, contractual technical specifications, and internal standards. He/she is involved in the design of products, proposal, and execution phases, right up to industrial start-up. The engineer collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to ensure efficient and safe hydrogen storage and distribution for various applications.You will be part of the technical (5 à 10 personnes) mobility department
· Design process installations and perform basic engineering (Compressors, cooling system, storage requirement sizing, pipe sizing, etc)
· Ensure processes are designed and operated in compliance with safety regulations, codes, and standards (ISO-19880-1 and PGS35).
· Design and develop hydrogen distribution processes for refueling tube-trailer, mobile containers, HDV (Heavy Duty Vehicles) and LDV (Light Duty Vehicle) vehicles.
· Optimize existing hydrogen distribution processes to improve efficiency, reliability, and cost-effectiveness.
· Conduct simulations and modeling to analyze process performance and thermodynamics.
· Identify and mitigate potential safety hazards associated with hydrogen storage, and distribution.
· Implement measures to minimize environmental impact and manage waste streams.
· Stay informed about advancements in refueling protocols for refueling vehicles and emerging trends in the hydrogen industry.
· Release Heat and Mass balance and process flow diagram for hydrogen refueling station.
· Support the project team with technical documentation according to the project requirements.
· Prepare technical reports and presentations for internal and external audiences.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Process engineers, Mechanical engineer, Electrical and Control engineer) to achieve project goals.
· Communicate process design concepts, results, and recommendations effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Master's degree in chemical engineering, Process Engineering, or a related field with 5-10 years working experience. Experience in Hydrogen Refuelling Station or Hydrogen in general is a plus,
· Strong understanding of Chemical/Process Engineering Principles and thermodynamics.
· Proficiency in process simulation software (e.g., Aspen Plus, HYSYS) and engineering modeling tools.
· Able to design piping, control valves, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, and to perform hydraulic calculations (pressure drop).
· Able to prepare the most important engineering documents (Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, Heat & Mass Balance, Process Datasheets of equipment and instrumentation).
· Familiarity with safety standards and regulations in the hydrogen industry.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
· Strong communication skills to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Experience with project management and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· You have a strong and autonomous personality, an entrepreneurial mindset and a will to win,
· You are comfortable with international contacts and relationships
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
· You can prioritize and have an excellent sense of organization,
· You are fluent in English, and French,
· You are proficient in MS office.
Additional information :
· Start : ASAP
· Contract : Minimum 1 year
· Work Place : Liège area, Belgium