As a member of the project team the Lead E&I will perform technical tasks, manage the E&I team dedicated to the Project and coordinate project activities with the technical office in India. He will report directly to the Project Manager and Electricity Manager.
The Lead E&I will be the person of contact of the Client and will organise the weekly coordination meeting with client’s team :
- Manage internal E&I Team for the project.
- Follows-up the E&I project’s progress up to its completion.
- Organise work with Indian office. - Be the person of contact for the Client.
- Produce technical specifications, lists and typical drawings.
- Review all technical documents.
- Participates to procurement and expedite supplier’s documentation.
- Insure a good follow-up with suppliers up to acceptance of the equipment.
- Take initiatives related to E&I in conjunction with the Project Manager as to the follow-up of deliveries and costing of equipment.
- Travel to project sites for management and technically oriented missions (20% of time).
- Follow contract requirements and suggests corrective measures to be approved by the Project Manager in case of deviation.
Responsibilities during conception phase:
- Conduct the technical studies (listed below) according to the predetermined objectives of quality, costs and deadlines
- Model the electrical network (HV and LV)
- Write the specifications and technical sheets of the various equipment
- Develop list(s) of consumer(s) – power balance(s)
- Write scopes, schedules with quantities and descriptions for assembly or subcontracting contracts
- Establish technical comparisons
- Make comments on documents from suppliers and packages from subcontractors and assembly companies
- Participate in the coordination between electricity, other disciplines, purchasing, doc control and the project
- Participate in technical meetings with the client and respond to their requests in coordination with the project
- Establish the list of documents in the technical file for calls for tenders and for orders
- Coordinate and supervise the designer(s) and the documents produced: the single line diagram(s) - standard diagrams - calculation notes
- Ensure the application of client rules, standards and guidelines
- Follow company procedures and methods and/or implemented on the project
- Ensure the technical compliance of equipment and assembly work
- Participate in the drafting of standard technical specifications
Responsibilities during execution phase :
- Perform electrical receptions/inspections at suppliers
- Carry out the follow-up of the electrical installation
- Participate in commissioning, start-up and performance testing of installations
- Master in Engineering (E&I and automation)
- Languages: - French fluent - English fluent - Dutch or German languages are an advantage
- Team Leader
- Very well organized, very good in planning and tasks prioritization,
- Very good communicator, team player, - Autonomous, - Rigorous,
- At least 10 years’ experience in engineering or industry (agro industrial sectors of sugar, vegetable oils, biofuels, agrochemical or biomass)
- Profile will be mainly oriented “electricity” with knowledge in instrumentation