As a member of the project team and under the Project Manager’s supervision, the Project Engineer will ensure all technical tasks required within the EPC, EPCM or basic engineering project.
• He redacts technical specifications, issue the Request for Quotation to supplier’s, expedite the bidding process, align technically the supplier’s proposal, prepares the bids comparison and support the procurement
• He is mainly geared to expediting the suppliers and in particular, to follow the technical aspects of company’s subcontracts, up to acceptance of the equipment.
• Whenever required, he will expedite fabrication at supplier’s location and/or participate in acceptance tests of the equipment
• He follows contract requirements and suggests corrective measures to be approved by the Project Manager/Contract Manager in case of deviation
• He consolidates the supplier’s documentation within the project with support of all disciplines
• He specifically takes initiatives in conjunction with the Project Manager as to the follow-up of deliveries and costing of equipment to be supplied by the company.
• He ensures technical coordination within various engineering disciplines
• He participates in technical meeting, as the technical owner in his field, with client
• He follows-up the project’s progress up to its completion.
• He travels to project sites for technically oriented missions during construction
• Master in Engineering (Civil works, E&I and automation, Process, Mechanical, Electro-mechanical or Chemistry)
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in engineering or industry (experience in agro-industry is a plus)
• With the responsibilities described above during at least 2 years
• A site or construction experience is an asset
• Exposure to hygienic or food-grade application is also an asset Education
• Languages: French and English : mandatory. Other languages are an advantage.
• Very well organized, very good in planning and prioritization
• Autonomous, rigorous, very good communicator, team player
• Willing to travel, worldwide (up to 20% of time)