Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. This role has greater responsibility and accountability than a Buyer and includes some people management responsibility. The job holder will take responsibility for a specific project or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility, will have more technical knowledge, expertise, understanding and will be seen as a specialist within their function.
· Manage the buying process for a given set of goods in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
· Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
· Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets.
· Develop and maintain a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
· Manage problems and schedule changes and ensure changes are reflected within the ERP systems
· Balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
· Actively participate in supplier performance reviews.
· Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
· Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
· Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
· Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
· Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
· Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
· Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
· Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
· Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
· Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and the Official Journal of the European Community (OJEU) guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
· Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
· Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
· Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements
· Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
· Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
· Mentor and coach the team to enhance their career and professional development
· Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
· Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
· Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organisation meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns
· Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
· Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
· Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
· Embraces personal challenge
· Confident, rounded thinking
· Is self-aware
· Is assertive, optimistic and open to change
· Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
· Proactively contributes to the team
· Resilient, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
· Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
· Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
· Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem identification and solution abilities
· Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
· Commercially and financially aware
· Keen attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
· Strong mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge.
· A developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
· Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, HNC, City & Guilds Licentiateship, BTec Higher Professional Diploma, or equivalent NVQ Level 4 qualifications.
· Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
· Proven purchasing experience, preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment
· Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
· Contract management and supplier experience
· Project management experience
· Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
· Computer literate, to include advanced Excel skills
· Speak English (French and German would also be interesting).
Additional information :
· Start date : ASAP
· Contract : CDI
· Place of work: Ettelbrück, Luxembourg